While you're in the area visiting the Smithsonian Exhibit, please check out some other attractions:
Other Area Attractions
Restaurants in Cowan
- Sernicola's - Italian food, with soup & salad bar plus hot lunch buffet Monday through Friday. 108 S. Tennessee Avenue, 962-3380.
- Fiesta Grill - Mexican Restaurant; most lunch items under $7. Open seven days. 226 S. Tennessee Avenue, (931) 962-9939
- Corner House - Turn back the clock to an era of pleasant dining in our Victorian teahouse. We offer a seasonal menu of luncheon entrees. Our breads are freshly baked and our desserts are nothing less than "rich and famous." Luncheon served: Monday-Saturday, 11 am - 2 pm; 401 East Cumberland Street, (931) 967-3910
- Brown's Pool Room - The kitchen serves up a full menu of party-time favorites: burgers, pizza, wings, and plenty more! 203 N. Sycamore, (931) 967-7634. Must be 21 to enter.
- Miss Gracie's Restaurant - Country cooking with daily specials. 204 Cumberland St East, 931-308-4745
Stores in Cowan
- Artisan Depot - Paintings, photography, jewelry, pottery, wood, and other works by members of Franklin County Arts Guild. We also sell retail art supplies. 201 E. Cumberland, (931) 636-0169 or (931) 967-7294.
- Castle's Dollar Store - A little of everything from A to Z and soup to nuts. Also carries staples like bread, milk and eggs, and a small supply of canned foods.
- Cowan Artisan - Featuring period furniture reproductions hand made by Tom Cowan, especially pieces from early Tennessee origin and other important historical collections. 114 E. Cumberland Street. Click here to e-mail Tom or call 931-308-9622.
- Simpler Times - A unique gift shop specializing in handmade crafts, antiques, collectibles, and old-fashioned toys. (931) 703-3570. 112 S. Tennessee Avenue.